Sunday 4 November 2012

The only ship that won't ever sink?

A friendshippppp.

Yes that's right, that is my unashamedly cheesy intro to my next post.

I have friends, I have a friendship group, just like that.

Yesssss.

Tonight, I'm going to see Elder Packer speak (that's casual around here, no big, right..pah!), then I'm going over to a friends, where a few of us are going to cook food, play games and hang out.
When I left England and arrived here, I was just a me. And now I have an 'us', a 'we', a crew.
Its all so happy and smiley I might start vomiting rainbows and hugging strangers.

Church was fantastic too.. Fast & testimony meeting.
I bore mine*. I was nervous as heck, (especially since everyone listens far too intently when you have an accent - unnerving.com)  but it was actually great because then loads of people spoke to me.
Also I felt kind of weird about making comments in classes, before, for some reason. So it was good to just bear my testimony, blanket announcement - yes, there is a BRIT in the building - and done.
This kind of doesn't make any sense but whatever.

Plans: Obligatory sunday nap, skype the loved ones, and then on to the evening sabbath socials.

Also (for you Libs) this is what I wore to church today.
I think I looked good. It's ok to say that in America.


*For anyone that doesn't know - 'bearing your testimony' is going up to the pulpit in church, and giving a little talk about your feelings for the gospel, things your thankful for, and why and how you know that God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring..