Friday 9 November 2012

Man oh man

Just got back from dinner with M.

Well, what was supposed to be dinner with M, but she brought some guys from san fran and made a party!

So fun.
Eating good italian food, laughing all night and being with great people is one of my favourite things in life. Always has been, turns out there's no change across the world.

Man I'm hanging out with so many guys on the regular. In england, the ysa* scene had such sad ratios, I got used to being the 6th girl to every male in any given social situation.

Here its like the opposite, men men men.

Especially with M and I, there'll be like 5 guys and us 2.
I've missed that, from a purely platonic place (honest).
Coming from an all male home (bar mama) I've always been slightly more comfortable hanging with guys, and I missed that in england.

Also, guys here will actually have a conversation with you regardless of their feelings toward you. Initially at least.
In england guys will unashamedly look past/through you if they aren't interested (gross generalisation, of course). So its refreshing, how two people can be very different and still have good, interesting conversation  I feel like its not such a meat market here, people want to be friends first, before anything else.

Not that I'm england bashing, or ever will be (obviously, since england is superior in every way).
But I'll probably end up comparing the countries by default, because england is the only other place I've ever lived!


*ysa - 'young single adults' is a term we use in my church, mormons my age who hang out and have fun together, do stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring..