Wednesday 7 November 2012

PASS. Get in.


Practical test today..

As I waited in a queue of 6 cars, there was no one else behind me. It soon became apparent 1 small thing stood between the examiner and lunch.

Me.

This could either mean she was moody, ratty and less likely to pass me, or it could mean she was more lax .. 
I prayed for the situation to work in my favour. Oh how it did. 

I still can't work out if American tests are dirt easy, or if she wanted food.
Perhaps both.  

I drove for about TEN minutes, with only 1 tricky intersection.
Rolled out to get better vision and nearly bumped into some pedestrians. I thought I'd failed there, but they literally appeared from thin air so I guess examiner lady took pity.
Or maybe she was deliberating which sauce to have on her meatball sub. 
I did one maneuver, reverse along the 'sidewalk', which was fine, though I got a mark for not using the back window enough. 
Then she told me go to back to the DMV, park, and I was done! 

In old blighty, I remember frantically trying to commit tyre pressure gauges and tread depths to memory, along with how to open the bonnet, point out the windscreen washer, brake fluid and other jazz that (lets face it) female drivers will never again voluntarily touch.

None of that here, I was asked to point out the wipers, hazards, lights, horn, and indicators. Literally idiot proof, my kind of test.

Road trips here I come..
Trips to school, nursery and play group that is, I'm so hardcore!! 

2 comments:

Sharing is caring..