Wednesday 24 October 2012

The Right Side

Today, I drove.
As in, the right side of the road. 
On the left side of the car. 

Insanity.
My instructor: 
'So you've driven before? 'Yea, in England. We drive on the left so..' 

'How long you been driving?' 'Well since I was 18 so 4 years, but that was in England.' 

'So you're a good driver?' 'Yea, in England!' 

'Ohh, no big deal, you'll be fine, you get right behind the wheel!' 

Clearly she wasn't understanding the gravity of the situation..

Turned out she was a great instructor, very chill and put me at ease. I was fine! 
There are, of course things I need to work on (intersections for example - the right of way is based on who gets there first. Seriously. Like musical chairs) but overall I was ok. I need lots of practice and I'm sure I'll pass the test. 

Unfortunately, I'm ridiculously competitive and hate not being good at things immediately.
Who is there to compete against? Myself.
Yep, its that bad. 
I can't wait until I get good at it, the day it doesn't freak me out, I don't have the urge to turn into oncoming traffic and I don't get lost, will be the day I know I've made it as a CA driver. 
Bring it onnn!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring..