Thursday 4 October 2012

10 days..

10 DAYS.
10 freaking days.
I guess I'm feeling pretty excited, but I'm not sure what for. Its like my brain has noooo idea what to expect, so its just not at all registering that I'm leaving the country.

I had an email from my 'host family' in Berk today. And it was all about things I needed to know for my arrival, that I'll have a phone, that the house has wi-fi (um is it wrong that I totally expected internet?) that I'd meet some of their extended family at Christmas etc - and I just couldn't imagine myself there. At Christmas.. having a whole new routine.. and life!
I mean, its insanely cool, and exciting, and such an amazing opportunity I'm about to.. embark upon (cringe phrase, but needs must).
I guess I just keep expecting it to HIT me. Whatever 'it' is. But it still hasn't. So I'll just keep waiting.

Packing up my room in London to go back to Chelmsford tomorrow. I get 10 days with my family & friends, then I'll be packing again and on a plane. Feels kinda cool to be popping around so much, London for a few months, America couple months after, its great. Its definitely an exciting time in life, new chapter, new era, all that jazz.

Started to make friends with a few of the girls who will be at training in NY. Lovely girls (no-one else is flying out from england, of course - I expected that. I do feel like au pairing is a very 'european' thing to do, ie spain italy argentina, mediterranean. and then like russian, bulgarian, romanian.. anyway, not very 'british'. not that thats a problem), will be nice to have a familiar face when I get there.
ARRGHH, I'm going to New York!!!!

Did I mention its 10 DAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring..