Wednesday 5 June 2013

Remember that time I lost my mind?

This weekend, ladies and gentlemen, I will be running 10.5 miles.

Usually when I run its 4 miles max, for funsies. 

But apparently I felt I was lacking excitement in life.

Last month I signed up with friends for a relay race total 70 miles. 
7 team members. I'll be doing 10m around Lake Tahoe - ie. 6200 ft ABOVE SEA LEVEL. 
When I train, in Berkeley.. At. Sea. Level.
1 word. Altitude. 

My first week training I did 6.9 miles and literally spent the rest of the week recovering. 
Last week I managed 7 miles, this week I'm hoping for 8. 
Oh yea, that's right I've only been training for 3 weeks, argh!? 
On the awesome side, around 20 people from Berkeley are coming too, awesome awesomeness.

So, providing I don't tragically die mid race, and actually complete the 10 miles, (which I WILL) I'll get the satisfaction of knowing my team and I are badass, plus being able to party it up with the rest of the Berkeleyans in a beautiful cabin for the weekend. 

Win win. 
Unless I lose, obviously.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is caring..