Tuesday 26 March 2013

Nice man go away, Come again another day

So my 6 year old (K) has baseball practice today. Both parents were away, they told me this morning that their friend Matt, would pick up K at 5pm, take him to baseball and drop him home after.
Assumed Matt would be 'dad-aged' and 'dad-looking'. I thought nothing of it. 

5 rolls around, Matt knocks on the door and... Holy.. Sweet Mother of Pearl this man is attractive. 
Disgustingly hot. 
As in .. His genes got together specifically to achieve aesthetic superiority.
And achieve they did.
He's asian, maybe chinese, around 24 years old, body of a jock, face of.. something with a beautiful face.
Oo, face of an Abercrombie model (despite my loathing of that brand, you just can't knock a good model) 

I looked. like. CRAP. Crap on a stick. Crap warmed up.  
Not only have I been looking after 3 children all day, but I'm also sick. SICK!
Meaning I look like a germ-harbouring, red-nosed, mumsy, housewifey, gross mother of 3 (not, that being a mother is gross, obvs. Love you mama.)

He's all..  'Is K ready?' 
I'm all 'You wanna make out?' 
Jk. 
For some absurd reason, I go into efficiency overdrive, introducing myself in the most formal manner possible. Gosh, I SHOOK HIS HAND. The mind boggles. 

'Are you sure you know where you're going? Will you be alright taking our car and everything? He has everything he needs, he's all ready'

Shut Up Nicole, this isn't a job interview, STAND DOWN OFFICER!

Anyway, he left, and I sighed in the comfort that I would most likely never see him again. 

I've just been informed, (after admitting my interest to the kids mum) that he's coming for dinner tonight. 

Wahh why don't I have 'game'. What is this 'game' the cool kids talk about anyway? 
Why am I sick? Why couldn't this have been the one day I didn't have kleenex stuck to my arm, and goodness knows what smeared on my glasses? 

No doubt dinner will go just swimmingly.. 

1 comment:

Sharing is caring..